With all of us spending more time at home these days, it’s no wonder that so many of us are finally tackling several of those at-home projects. And while we love the wow-factor of complete renovations and remodels, there’s definitely something to be said about those small, easy-to-do projects that only take an hour (or less) to complete. Not only can these little wins help us feel better, but when they help our homes become more organized and practical, the result is even better.
For us, one of the most overlooked places in the home is the under-sink area. While very few guests might not look under our sinks, we do. And we do more times each day than we realize. When these spaces are cluttered, messy, disorganized, or just not functional, they stress us out. That means, every time we reach under-sink, whether in our bathrooms, laundry rooms, or kitchens, we’re adding more stress and frustration to our lives.
And, honestly, who needs that right now?
Below are seven super cool accessories for the under-sink areas in your home that are easy to DIY and will 100% make you feel better.
The 7 Best Under-Sink Accessories for Your Home
- U-Shaped Under-Sink Pull Out Shelf: While this organizer requires some installation, it’s well worth the minimal effort because it’s just that convenient. Because the whole shelf pulls out on sliders, you can reach everything stored under-sink, which means no more misplaced or hard-to-reach items. Plus, because of the u-shaped design, it works with most piping configurations. Look for styles that are metal or steel to ensure they are sturdy enough to hold your heavier items.
- Expandable Under-Sink Organizers: These handy organizers can be customized for your under-sink needs, which means you can move sections around so that they fit all of your kitchen or bathroom items. Most of these are adaptable to the pipe configuration under your sink, which means you won’t have the frustration of needing to return your organizer once you see how it fits. Our favorite styles feature pull out drawers and shelves so that all of the items you use daily are within easy reach.
- Over-Cabinet Storage Basket: Want a simple organizational project for your kitchen or bathroom? These over-cabinet storage baskets require zero installation and will seriously save you space under your home’s sinks. Hanging over your cabinet door like many over-door coat hangers, this simple solution frees up under-sink floor space so that you can better organize your products and tools.
- Over-Cabinet Hair Tool Caddy: Another simple-to-use over-cabinet organizer, we love these specially designed hair tool caddies for the bathroom. Created for organizing things like hair dryers, curling irons, hair products, and round brushes, this simple product puts everything you need in one place without overflowing baskets or just getting tossed in under-sink cabinets.
- Mesh Cabinet Drawer Organizer: You can find these handy organizers in a variety of sizes, which means they’ll work for almost any under-sink space in your home. Clean and simple, these drawer organizers allow you to see what’s inside without looking disorganized or cluttered.
- Under-Sink Lazy Susan: Under-sink Lazy Susans are as genius as they sound. Offering the convenience of pull-out sliding drawers without the installation, these storage solutions work as functional baskets, allowing you to spin as needed in order to find the products you’re looking for. When it comes to an easy afternoon project for finally tackling your under-sink spaces, these Lazy Susans are at the top of our list.
- Xtreme Mats Under-Sink Cabinet Mats: And, of course, no under-sink accessory list would be complete without Xtreme under-sink cabinet mats. Available in a variety of sizes to fit custom and standard cabinets throughout your home, Xtreme Mats offer top-of-the-line protection for your under-sink areas — and the rest of your home. By protecting under your sinks from spills and leaks, Xtreme Mats help provide a solid layer of security that prevents major water damage from happening in your kitchen and bathroom. Not only do our mats hold up to 3.3 gallons of water, but they also come with a lifetime warranty. And, because they’re flexible, they’re easy to install and clean.
So, while you can dream about finally redoing your bathroom or remodeling your kitchen, one of the easiest things you can do in your home right now is organize and clean your under-sink areas by utilizing some of the smartest (and coolest) under-sink accessories on the market. And, believe us, that satisfied feeling you get after cleaning up your neglected under-sink spaces is hard to beat.